WDT is accredited by:
Importance of accreditation
When considering any college program, we recommend checking to make sure that the program and the institution are accredited. Programs and institutions that are not accredited are not meeting standards set by accrediting agencies.
Western Dakota Tech and its programs are accredited by the North Central Association of the Higher Learning Commission. Western Dakota Tech is accredited to offer online degree programs.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation and one of two Commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which was founded in 1895 as one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits, and thereby grants membership in the Commission and in the North Central Association, to degree-granting educational institutions in the North Central region: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
WDT’s accreditation shows that Western Dakota Tech meets the rigorous standards set by the Higher Learning Commission. Learn more about the Commission.
WDT is a member of:
WDT also is accredited or approved by:
Individual programs are accredited or approved by:
- Practical Nursing – South Dakota Board of Nursing (Program is on Probation status)
- Surgical Technology – Association of Surgical Technologists
- Paramedic – Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions
- Pharmacy Tech – American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Transportation Tech Light Duty – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation