Western Dakota Tech broke ground Tuesday, June 30, 2015, on multiple expansion projects that will help WDT better meet the needs of students and the community.
The expansion project includes:
- Diesel Service Technology Lab: This 31,110-square-ffot lab will be constructed north of the main entrance. It will give students plenty of room to practice skills needed for success and allow the Diesel program to move from the Rushmore Building on Mickelson Drive to the main campus.
- Medical Simulation Lab: Home to some of the most high-tech equipment in healthcare education, students training in this 8,780-square-foot facility will use high-fidelity, responsive, lifelike patient simulators to log clinical hours and practice real-life scenarios with no risk of endangerment. WDT’s long-term vision is to make the Simulation Center a training location for healthcare professionals from across the region.
- Event Center: Seating 450 people in a round-table setting, this 13,130-square-foot center will provide a large gathering place for WDT events, conferences, regional training opportunities, and the community.
- Public Safety Building: The new, 15,435-square-foot Public Safety Building will provide flexible and real-world inspired education opportunities to students in WDT’s Law Enforcement, Fire Science, and Paramedic/EMT programs. It will allow students in these programs to learn and work together under one roof just as they will after graduation.
- Kitchen Renovation: An expansion of the current commons area and complete kitchen remodel will rejuvenate the space students call their own and make it more functional and inviting.
This expansion will prepare WDT for an exciting future full of opportunity. Once complete, the project will fuel future growth so WDT can play a bigger role in making Rapid City and western South Dakota even better places to live and work.
Construction begins soon. The expansion is scheduled to be ready for use by the beginning of the Spring 2017 semester.
For information about WDT, call (800) 544-8765 or (605) 718-2565 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.