Western Dakota Tech is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a commission of the North Central Association. First accredited in 1983, WDT’s accreditation was reaffirmed in 2008. The next reaffirmation of accreditation visit is April 20 to April 22, 2015. A team of peer reviewers from colleges around the country will assemble on the WDT campus during that time. Before their visit to campus, the public is invited to provide confidential comments to the peer reviewers.
As part of the reaffirmation of accreditation, WDT must provide assurances and evidence of meeting five criteria:
- Criterion 1: The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
- Criterion 2: The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion 3: The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion 4: The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion 5: The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
Comments and feedback are welcomed because they add value to the reaffirmation process. If you would like to comment, please visit the link below to submit your comments to the Higher Learning Commission.
- To view WDT’s profile on the Directory of HLC Institutions, please visit the following webpage: http://www.ncahlc.org/component/com_directory/Action,ShowBasic/Itemid,/instid,1181/
- To submit a third-party comment, please visit the following webpage. Comments must be submitted by January 15, 2015. http://www.ncahlc.org/HLC-Institutions/third-party-comment.html
Dean of Accreditation and Advancement
Western Dakota Tech