The Corporate Education Center’s six-week Professional Truck Driving Program is designed to prepare men and women for over-the-road semi-truck driving employment. The course will consist of classroom instruction and behind the wheel experience in trucks currently used by industry.
What You Will Learn
- Road skills – highway & interstate
- Yard exercises – backing, parking
- Vehicle control training
- Vehicle inspection
- DOT regulations
- Logbook training
- Heavy traffic operations
- Trip planning – map reading
- Six weeks, Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4pm. (May vary)
- Session 1: September 3 – October 15, 2014
- Session 2: November 5 – December 19, 2014
- Session 3: February 4 – March 18, 2015
- Session 4: April 1 – May 13, 2015
- Session 5: June 3 – July 15, 2015
WDT does not guarantee job placement of students. However, trucking recruiters are welcome to the school and are encouraged to visit each class. Any information on new listings for truck driver positions is posted in the classroom.
Enrollment is limited in this program and is on a first-come, first-served basis. Waiting lists are established as classes reach maximum enrollment. Interested students must contact the Corporate Education Center to make an appointment for info/registration at 605-718-2410.
$3799 – includes tuition, fees, books, and the driving test. A student can also expect to incur approximately $125 in other costs: DOT physical, drug screen, written test.
The Professional Truck Driving Program is a short-term, non-credit program. Therefore, there is limited financial aid available. Students may qualify for a student loan. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 605-718-2416. It is the student’s responsibility to secure funding and provide appropriate paperwork to the Corporate Education Center.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion from Western Dakota Tech, students must have a passing score on the CDL written and driving exams & a satisfactory attendance record.
- Current and valid driver’s license
- SD Class A CDL Permit
- Satisfactory driver operating record (no serious traffic violations in the past three years; maximum one speeding ticket in the past year)
- A current DOT physical card from an authorized physician;
- Negative drug testing results from WDT’s Drug & Alcohol Test Management Program
- $500 non-refundable deposit
- Balance of $3299 due prior to drop deadline (2 wks prior to class start date).
The Corporate Education Center also offers these trucking courses
For qualified drivers ~ one-on-one training!
- Driving Assessment – $100 (pre-requisite for all courses listed below)
- Class A CDL Refresher Course – $995
- Upgrade Class B to Class A CDL – $1999
- Class B CDL Training – $1499
Call 605-718-2410 for more information and prerequisites.
CDL Driving Test
Pre-Trip Inspection; Basic Controls Skills Test; and Road Test. Prerequisites: Current & valid driver’s license; CDL Permit; CDL vehicle for test. Cost: $90 + tax
Information/Scheduling: Call Bob Holloway, Third Party Examiner 605-716-9950.
Prepares drivers to take the SD written exam for Class A & B commercial vehicles. Contains a lecture presentation & sample test examples: general knowledge, air brakes, & combination vehicles. Will customize for a company. Call for information (605) 718-2410