If so, Western Dakota Tech’s diploma program in Computer-Aided Drafting can give you the skills and experiences you need to be successful.
You can complete the diploma program 100% online. That gives you the flexibility to complete the work around your schedule without a requirements to be in class on certain days at certain times. You also can complete the courses on the WDT campus in Rapid City during the day if that fits your schedule better.
There are no course requirements to enter the diploma program. However, WDT and industry strongly recommend that you have previous training or experience in technical or mechanical fields. This program is designed to give students with prior experience training in up-to-date Computer-Aided Drafting software and theory.
WDT’s per-credit cost is the lowest of any public college in South Dakota. That makes WDT and the Computer-Aided Drafting diploma program an excellent investment for you and your future. Program costs are available on the program cost sheet.
Career opportunities in the Rapid City area are growing for skilled drafters trained in the latest software and theory. WDT graduates are very successful in finding employment and earning strong wages after graduation as shown in WDT’s Placement Report.
In the workplace, drafters typically do the following:
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting software
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Help design products with engineering and manufacturing techniques
- Add details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
- Work under the supervision of engineers or architects
WDT’s diploma program can prepare you for these duties in just nine months if you have the technical or mechanical background to be successful. If you do not have that background, WDT’s Associate of Applied Science degree program is a better choice.
If the diploma program is for you, contact WDT Admissions today to start the process of creating a new or better career.