Mission, Vision, Values
Western Dakota Technical College prepares students to be highly-skilled professionals through accessible, career-focused programs to improve their lives, while adapting to community workforce needs and positively impacting our economy.
As an integral community partner, Western Dakota Tech leads the region by providing innovative education and advocating technical excellence to drive career development and economic growth.
- Aspiring to achieve quality.
- Seeking opportunities to grow professional skills and encouraging others to do the same.
- Moving beyond compliance.
- Valuing employer insight and including them in our planning processes.
- Believing in the ability of our students to learn, meet the high standards we set for them, and fill employer needs.
- Analyzing programs, services, policies, and procedures, and making adjustments as needed to best serve our students, employees, and community.
- Being honest.
- Separating personal and institutional interests.
- Utilizing shared governance to improve communication and dissemination of information.
- Understanding the power and effect our words have on students, colleagues, and members of the community when speaking about Western Dakota Tech and striving to use them in the best interest of the College.
- Knowing and upholding Western Dakota Tech’s policies, and procedures, and objectives.
- Behaving legally and ethically in all endeavors and encouraging others to do the same.
- Providing the facilities, equipment, and services students and employees need to be successful.
- Offering education with high potential for the positive student, employer, and community outcomes.
- Respecting ourselves and others.
- Providing fair and just treatment to all.
- Understanding and celebrating the dignity in all forms of work, both internally and externally.
- Believing we are a solution to poverty, workforce shortages, unemployment, and other challenges in our community.
- Empathizing with students, colleagues, and other individuals in their experiences and realities.
- Utilizing shared governance to ensure participation in decision-making and provide channels for various groups to voice opinions.
- Respecting and embracing varying cultures, views, and opinions.
- 2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremonies
- Campus Maps
- Core Abilities
- File a Complaint
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Mission, Vision, Values
- Policies and Procedures
- Report Incident
- State Authorization and Reciprocity
- Strategic Communications and Marketing
- Strategic Plan
- Student Consumer Information
- Western Dakota Tech Board of Trustees