Accepted International Students
Accepted International Students
Once you have been admitted WDTC, here are a few resources to help you take the next steps.
ALL International Students - Pre-Arrival Checklist
U.S. Government Preparations for Visa
a. Use your I-20/DS-2019 form to register for the SEVIS program and then apply for the M-1 or student visa.
- You are required to pay a fee of $350 when you register for the SEVIS program and before you apply for a visa.
- This fee is payable to the U.S. government, NOT WDTC.
- Instructions are available at https://www.fmjfee.com/
b. Apply for a visa at U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- The visa application process can be complicated and may vary from country to country.
- General information on visas is available at http://travel.state.gov/visa/
- We also recommend using the services of and EducationUSA office. To find an office near you, go to http://educationusa.state.gov/
- For more resources, go to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Study in the States: http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/
- From NAFSA - 10 Points to remember when applying for a student visa: https://www.nafsa.org/Professional_Resources/Browse_by_Interest/International_Students_and_Scholars/Network_Resources/International_Student_and_Scholar_Services/10_Points_to_Remember_When_Applying_for_a_Student_Visa/
d. Received your visa?
- Email: Jill Elder, PDSO
Registering For Classes
Upon acceptance to WDTC, students will meet with the Registrar’s Office staff to register for classes. Transfer credit evaluations will also be discussed. (hyperlink transfer credit with https://www.wdt.edu/future-students/transfer-of-credit/) Contact the Registrar’s Office at 605-718-2568 with questions.
- Submit a certification from a licensed physical physician that you have received or are in the process of receiving the required two doses of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). (This is required for all on-campus students.)
When making your travel plans, be sure to fly all the way to Rapid City, South Dakota.
Check your email for the estimated costs sheet.
- You should have approximately this much money when you arrive on campus.
Online and International payments
- Contact the Student Accounts office.
Payments may also be made at the Student Accounts Office in Dakota Hall if you pay with cash or a check (no credit cards accepted in the Cashier's Office).
Arrival on WDTC Campus
You are required to attend an initial check-in of your immigration documents with the Student Success Center staff.
We sent an email regarding the Mandatory check-in. Please let us know if you did not get this email.
You will need to bring these documents when you check-in:
- Passport and visa
- Any previous I-20s you have had
- I-94, if you downloaded it. If not, we will do this for you.
- Immunization Records - if you sent them to firstname.lastname@example.org already, you do not need to worry about this.
Arrival in Rapid City
Curious as to what the weather is like here in Rapid City? Check the U.S. Climate Data website for more information.
Discover the Black Hills of South Dakota: https://www.wdt.edu/faculty-staff/rapid-city-information/