Student Government Association
- President - Alexander Rous
- Vice-President - Christopher Dalluge
- Treasurer - Tanner Kickland
- Secretary - Erika Bement
- Activities Coordinator- Shane Lutz
The SGA Advisor is Laura Benson. Meetings are scheduled for noon every Wednesday in LC 254.
(Left to right: Tanner Kickland, Alexander Rous, Shane Lutz, Erika Bement, Christopher Dalluge)
We the Student Government Association are dedicated as a governing body to serving our individual students, their organizations, and the diverse community of Western Dakota Tech; fostering leadership, enhancing communication, and supporting an interactive and successful college experience.
The Western Dakota Tech Student Government Association supports and serves the Western Dakota Tech community through:
- community building activities and events.
- facilitating communication between Western Dakota Tech students, staff, and the Board of Education.
- providing developmental opportunities and training for students.
- the responsible and equitable management of Western Dakota Tech Student Activity Funds.
- recognizing the establishment of the Western Dakota Tech student clubs and organizations.
- assisting and supporting Western Dakota Tech student clubs and organizations to effectively meet their goals and initiatives.
- the support of campus-wide student-driven initiatives.
President and Vice President Responsibilities
Article V: Officers
The officers of the SGA shall consist of:
Duties and powers of the President:
- Represent the Student Government Association on campus and in the community
- Ensure that the organization is operating in conformity with the standards set forth by Western Dakota Tech and the Student Government Association Constitution and Bylaws
- Preside over meetings and create meeting agendas; call special meetings when necessary
- Address student complaints, suggestions, problems, and ideas
- Hold regular meetings with the WDT administration to discuss student issues and concerns
- Maintain communication with organization advisor
- Attend Rapid City Board of Education meetings three times a year to give SGA report
- Initiate discussion on issues and measures relevant to the institution and SGA constituents
- Attend WDT and SGA functions, ceremonies, and events Serve as a member of the SGA Executive Board Serve as co-signer for SGA account
- Other duties as assigned
Duties and powers of the Vice President:
- Assist the President in his/her duties
- Preside over meetings in the President’s absence
- Communicate/Coordinate activities and events of WDT community and the Rapid City community at large
- Present VP Report of activities and events at SGA Meetings
- Assist Activities Coordinator
- Serve as member of the SGA Executive Board
- Other duties as assigned