Western Dakota Tech is an American Heart Association Training Center
Potential Instructors Information
Western Dakota Tech welcomes individuals wishing to become BLS and/or HeartSaver instructors. If you are interested in becoming an instructor, please fill out this form. Potential trainers must:
- Sign the WDT Training Center affiliation agreement
- Understand financial and other requirements involved in being an American Heart Association trainer
- Successfully complete the American Heart Association Instructor Essentials online training
- Attend and successfully complete a WDT Instructor Training course
- Attend required course observations and accommodate course monitoring by WDT Lead Instructors
The cost of the Instructor Training Course is $225. Payment is due upon registration.
*The July class is full; call Corp Ed to be added to the waitlist.
Upcoming class dates:
Friday, September 9, 2022
Friday, December 16, 2022
Friday, April 21, 2023
Friday, June 23, 2023
Potential Participants InformationCPR and First Aid classes are open to the public. Currently, we offer two course options:
BLS (Basic Life Support) is the CPR course designated for healthcare providers. It is a 4-hour course that covers CPR (adult, infant, and child) and AED. Though it has the "for healthcare providers" designation, anyone can take BLS.
HeartSaver is a First Aid/CPR/AED 5-hour course is designed for a more general audience.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers - $89 Regular*
- HeartSaver CPR, AED & First Aid - $98 Regular*
Call WDT Corporate Education at (605) 718-2410 register Online
Recertification Classes have been discontinued as of February 1, 2021
NOTE - The AHA has implemented substantial updates to their BLS course. The new curriculum will be taught starting February 1, 2021. Because of these changes, all BLS eCard holders will need to take the full class when it is time to recertify. Recertification classes are expected to resume in 2023, in order for everyone to take the updated BLS for Healthcare Providers class prior to recertifying.
Day of the Week
CERTIFICATION TIME - SESSION 1
CERTIFICATION TIME - SESSION 2
|Friday||May 20, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm - SORRY - CLASS FULL!||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Friday||June 3, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm - SORRY - CLASS FULL!|
|Friday||July 15, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Friday||July 22, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||July 29, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Saturday||August 13, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||August 26, 2022||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
Professional Licensure and Certification
Professional licensure and certification requirements often vary from state to state. If you are not planning to locate and work in South Dakota and are considering an academic program that leads to a professional license or certification, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in the state you plan to work before beginning the academic program. If you need assistance locating a state licensing agency, please contact the Vice President for Teaching and Learning: Tiffany.Howe@wdt.edu or 605.718.2905.
Current as of July 12, 2021:
- The program curriculum meets educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- The program curriculum does not meet educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states:
- WDT has not determined whether the program curriculum meets educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states: American Samoa, DC, Guam, The Republic of the Marshall Islands, The Federated States of Micronesia, The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, The Republic of Palau, The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, The Virgin Islands
Information on Western Dakota Tech's discrimination and harassment policies.