Western Dakota Technical College is an American Heart Association Training Center
Potential Instructors Information
Western Dakota Technical College welcomes individuals wishing to become BLS and/or HeartSaver instructors. If you are interested in becoming an instructor, please fill out this form. Potential trainers must:
- Sign the WDTC Training Center affiliation agreement
- Understand financial and other requirements involved in being an American Heart Association trainer
- Successfully complete the American Heart Association Instructor Essentials online training
- Attend and successfully complete a WDTC Instructor Training course
- Attend required course observations and accommodate course monitoring by WDTC Lead Instructors
The cost of the Instructor Training Course is $225. Payment is due upon registration.
Upcoming class dates:
Friday, October 6, 2023
Potential Participants InformationCPR and First Aid classes are open to the public. Currently, we offer two course options:
BLS (Basic Life Support) is the CPR course designated for healthcare providers. It is a 4-hour course that covers CPR (adult, infant, and child) and AED. Though it has the "for healthcare providers" designation, anyone can take BLS.
HeartSaver is a First Aid/CPR/AED 5-hour course is designed for a more general audience.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers - $89 Regular*
- HeartSaver CPR, AED & First Aid - $98 Regular*
- BLS recertification class - $50 Regular*
Call WDTC Corporate Education at (605) 718-2410 to make payment for your registration. Register Online
Recertification Classes are now being offered
We are once again offering the BLS recertification class. You will need to bring your current AHA eCard to show you are up for renewal.
Current dates include:
Friday, September 22, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday, October 20, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Friday, December 15, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Day of the Week
CERTIFICATION TIME - SESSION 1
CERTIFICATION TIME - SESSION 2
|Friday||September 15||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||September 22||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm||Recert Class - 1pm - 4pm|
|Friday||October 6||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Friday||October 13||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||October 20||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm||Recert Class - 1pm - 4pm|
|Friday||November 3||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Friday||November 17||HeartSaver||8:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Saturday||November 18||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||December 1||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm|
|Friday||December 8||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 2 - 1pm - 5pm|
|Friday||December 15||BLS for Healthcare Providers||Session 1 - 8am - 12pm||Recert Class - 1pm - 4pm|
Professional Licensure and Certification
Professional licensure and certification requirements often vary from state to state. If you are not planning to locate and work in South Dakota and are considering an academic program that leads to a professional license or certification, it is highly recommended that you first seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in the state you plan to work before beginning the academic program. If you need assistance locating a state licensing agency, please contact the Vice President for Teaching and Learning: Tiffany.Howe@wdt.edu or 605.718.2905.
Current as of May 1, 2023:
- The program curriculum meets educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- The program curriculum does not meet educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states:
- WDT has not determined whether the program curriculum meets educational requirements for licensure/certification in the following states: American Samoa, DC, Guam, The Republic of the Marshall Islands, The Federated States of Micronesia, The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, The Republic of Palau, The Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, The Virgin Islands
Information on Western Dakota Technical College's discrimination and harassment policies.