The Western Dakota Tech Registered Nursing program has a selective admissions process. The deadline to apply for the Fall 2020 cohort is June 26, 2020.
1. Gain acceptance to WDT through the Allied Health Program
- Apply for admission to WDT - ALLIED HEALTH by completing the WDT Application online.
- Provide an official copy of a High School transcript or GED scores. If you graduated from an international high school, you must submit your transcript to Educational Credential Evaluators to determine U.S. equivalence. Additionally, an official transcript must be submitted if you have attended other post-secondary institutions or universities.
- Submit immunization records verifying two doses of MMR vaccinations.
- Submit official college transcripts if you have previously attended a post-secondary institution.
- Schedule an Admissions Advising Session (can be completed on campus or by phone)
- Complete the ACCUPLACER test ($15.00 fee).
(The ACCUPLACER test will be waived if you have an ACT
The ACCUPLACER test is offered Monday – Friday
2. Gain acceptance to the WDT Registered Nursing Program
Note: If you are or have been convicted, pleaded guilty or no contest to, or received a suspended imposition of sentence for a felony or certain misdemeanors, you are advised that you may not be able to complete all course requirements for your chosen program, you may be prevented from taking required certification/licensure examinations in your chosen program field, and you may be prevented from gaining employment in your program
Students that sit out for a spring or fall semester or longer, will return under a new Catalog and may be required to repeat courses or successfully complete new or revised skills or competency assessments. Before
Western Dakota Tech's RN program is designed for students who are seeking accessibility while continuing their education. Nursing continues to be one of the most in-demand professions and an associate’s degree in nursing provides a strong career foundation in health care with opportunities to work in entry-level nursing positions.
Meet Your Faculty & Staff
Western Dakota Tech has a low student-to-faculty ratio, meaning more one-on-one learning. Individual attention from your professor can make your college experience more fulfilling.
Continuing your education is crucial and Western Dakota Tech wants to make sure that any student who wants to attend school, has the opportunity to do so. For this reason, WDT is dedicated to administering the U.S. Department of Education’s Title IV Financial Assistance Program fair and consistently to anyone who needs it.
The Build Dakota Scholarship at Western Dakota Tech will pay all your tuition and fees and prepare you for a career that is in-demand and growing in South Dakota. Build Dakota Scholarships will be awarded to students entering high-need workforce programs at South Dakota’s technical institutes to fill the state’s technical careers with skilled professionals.
While Western Dakota Tech does not offer on-campus housing, we understand that finding a place to live within town while you go to school can be difficult. We have a few resources to help prospective students find affordable housing.
Finding child care during school is a challenge for many students. Western Dakota Tech currently does not offer on-campus child care, but here are some resources that may help you in your search.
Youth & Family Services is an organization dedicated to helping children in Western South Dakota. They offer a variety of services, including child care at multiple locations.
The Y of Rapid City offers child care and other services.
Disclaimer: Western Dakota Tech provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement or adoption by Western Dakota Tech of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave wdt.edu, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. Western Dakota Tech makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third-party websites or vendors.