“The mission of the Corporate Education Center is to promote economic development and lifelong learning by extending Western Dakota Tech’s educational resources into local communities through a customized delivery system.”
The Corporate Education Center offers short-term classes, custom training, events, seminars, career programs, and more to help companies train employees and to help students be successful in new and current careers.
The training offered by the Corporate Education Center is an investment in lifelong learning for students and companies.
- Investing in lifelong learning helps lead employees to more satisfying, productive working lives.
- Investing in lifelong learning helps employers enhance job performance, teamwork, and overall corporate competitiveness.
In addition to the programs and offerings listed to the right, the Corporate Education Center can customize training events for any company. You tell us what you need, and the Corporate Education Center takes care of all the details, including creating curriculum, hiring trainers, and handling registrations.
Contact Chandra Calvert to discuss your custom training needs. Reach Chandra at (605) 718-2410, (800) 544-8765, or by email.
The Corporate Education Center wants you! If you are interested in being a Corp Ed trainer please contact Chandra. Types of training include: Computers (MS Excel, MS Word, etc.), Customer Service and Leadership, Equipment Operator, and more.
There is still time to register for Class A & B Courses! Call (605) 718-2410
What You Will Learn
- Road Skills – Highway & Interstate
- Yard Exercises - Backing, Parking
- Vehicle Control Training
- Vehicle Inspection
- DOT Regulations
- Logbook Training
- Heavy Traffic Operations
- Trip Planning - Map Reading
Class A Schedule
- Session 4: Apr 9 - May 18, 2018
- Session 5: Jun 4 - Jul 13, 2018
Class B Schedule
- Two weeks: May 21 - June 1, 2018
Enrollment is limited in this program and is on a
Class A: $3,999 – includes tuition, fees, books, and the driving test. A student can also expect to incur approximately $125 in other costs: DOT physical, drug screen, written test.
Class B: $1,799 – includes tuition, fees, books, and the driving test. A student can also expect to incur approximately $125 in other costs: DOT physical, drug screen, written test.
- Current and valid driver’s license
- SD Class A CDL Permit - CDL Manual (Sections to study: General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination Vehicle)
- Satisfactory driver operating record (no serious traffic violations in the past three years; maximum one speeding ticket in the past year)
- A current DOT physical card from an authorized physician;
- Negative drug testing results from WDT's Drug & Alcohol Test Management Program
- $500 non-refundable deposit for Class A, $250 non-refundable deposit for Class B
- Remaining balance due prior to
dropdeadline (2 weeks prior to class start date)