Between 2014 and 2018, $50 million dollars were invested through private donations from T. Denny Sanford and the South Dakota Future Fund to create and operate the Build Dakota Scholarship program.Build Dakota Scholarships will be awarded to students entering high-need workforce programs at South Dakota’s technical colleges to fill the state’s technical careers with skilled professionals. The scholarship program will grow South Dakota’s own and recruit new South Dakotans. Recipients of the full-ride scholarships will commit to living and
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS JANUARY 1, 2021 - March 31, 2021
For more information about Build Dakota Scholarships at Western Dakota Tech, email Jennie Best, Western Dakota Tech Assistant Director of Scholarships, at (605) 718-3061 or email her at Jennie.Best@wdt.edu.
FAQs for Students FAQs for Industry Partners Build Dakota Flyer 2021 WDT Build Dakota Flyer 2021
To Apply for the Build Dakota Scholarship Fund:
- Anyone with an interest in one of the high-needs workforce areas
- Any U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- Residents of any U.S. state
- Anyone who shows financial need (complete the FAFSA)
Western Dakota Tech students entering these Western Dakota Tech programs will be eligible for the scholarships:
- Automotive Technology
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer Science
- Construction Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Diesel Technology - Industrial Maintenance
- Drafting and Machining Technology
- Electrical Trades
- Environmental Engineering Tech
- HVAC/R Technology
- Medical Lab Tech
- Plumbing Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Precision Machining Technology
- Registered Nursing
- Surgical Technology
- Welding and Fabrication
In accepting a Build Dakota scholarship, recipients agree to:
- Enroll full-time in a Western Dakota Technical College program determined as a high-need workforce area in South Dakota
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Complete the program as a full-time student
- Following graduation, work full-time in the field of study in South Dakota for a minimum of three years
How it works for employers:
- Cost-effective method gives current employees an opportunity for advanced training.
- Builds a pipeline of new talent from South Dakota technical colleges. By partnering with Build Dakota, students have the opportunity to fulfill their employment commitment to Build Dakota while working for YOUR great company.
- Free advertising is provided on the Build Dakota website.
- Take advantage of opportunities to connect with potential employees.
For more Industry Partner information call Jennie Best at (605) 718-3061 or email her at Jennie.Best@wdt.edu.
Build Dakota Industry Partners Flyer
For Industry Partners: