Professional Truck Driving Program
What You Will Learn
- Road Skills – Highway & Interstate
- Yard Exercises - Backing, Parking
- Vehicle Control Training
- Vehicle Inspection
- DOT Regulations
- Logbook Training
- Heavy Traffic Operations
- Trip Planning - Map Reading
- Six weeks, Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4pm. (May
- Session 1: Sept 11 - Oct 20, 2017
- Session 2: Nov 6 - Dec 20, 2017
- Session 3: Feb 5 - Mar 16, 2018
- Session 4: Apr 9 - May 18, 2018
- Session 5: Jun 4 - Jul 13, 2018
Western Dakota Tech does not guarantee job placement of students. However, trucking recruiters are welcome to the school and are encouraged to visit each class. Any information on new listings for truck driver positions is posted in the classroom.
Enrollment is limited in this program and is on a
$3,999 – includes tuition, fees, books, and the driving test. A student can also expect to incur approximately $125 in other costs: DOT physical, drug screen, written test.
The Professional Truck Driving Program is a short-term, non-credit program. Therefore, there is limited financial aid available. Contact the Corporate Education Office at 605-718-2410 to discuss funding options.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion from Western Dakota Tech, students must have a passing score on the CDL
- Current and valid driver’s license
- SD Class A CDL Permit - CDL Manual (Sections to study: General Knowledge, Air Brakes, and Combination Vehicle)
- Satisfactory driver operating record (no serious traffic violations in the past three years; maximum one speeding ticket in the past year)
- A current DOT physical card from an authorized physician;
- Negative drug testing results from WDT's Drug & Alcohol Test Management Program
- $500 non-refundable deposit
Balanceof $3,499 due prior to dropdeadline (2 weeks prior to class start date).
The Corporate Education Center also offers one-on-one training
One-on-one training available for qualified drivers! $100/hr – Assessment required $100.00 (one-time fee)
Call 605-718-2410 for more information and prerequisites.
CDL Driving Test
Pre-Trip Inspection; Basic Controls Skills Test; and Road Test. Prerequisites: Current & valid driver’s license; CDL Permit; CDL vehicle for
Information/Scheduling: Call Bob Holloway, Third Party Examiner 605-716-9950 or 605-484-1991
Will customize for a company. This seminar prepares drivers to take the SD written exam for Class A &/or B commercial vehicles. Contains a lecture presentation & sample test examples: general knowledge, air brakes, & combination vehicles. Call for information (605) 718-2410