Western Dakota Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The HLC has accredited Western Dakota Tech as a certificate-granting institution since 1983 and as an associate degree-granting institution since 1990.
To obtain more information about Western Dakota Tech's accreditation or approval relationships, or to file a complaint about Western Dakota Tech, contact the Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success, Kelly Oehlerking
Importance of accreditation
When considering any college program, we recommend checking to make sure that the program and the institution are accredited. Programs and institutions that are not accredited are not meeting standards set by accrediting agencies.
Western Dakota Tech and its programs are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Western Dakota Tech is accredited to offer online degree programs.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accredits, and thereby grants membership in the Commission, to degree-granting educational institutions in the North Central region: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South Dakota, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
Western Dakota Tech’s accreditation shows that Western Dakota Tech meets the rigorous standards set by the Higher Learning Commission.
Western Dakota Tech is a member of:
Western Dakota Tech also is accredited or approved by:
Individual programs are accredited or approved by:
- Medical Laboratory Technician - This program is currently applying for accreditation through the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). For more information, click here.
- Paramedic – Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Pharmacy Technician – American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP/ACPE)
- Practical Nursing – South Dakota Board of Nursing
- Surgical Technology – Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (CAAHEP)
- Transportation Tech Light Duty – National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)