Questions? Call the Admissions Office at (605) 718-2565 or email email@example.com. Walk-ins are also welcome. Western Dakota Tech is located at 800 Mickelson Dr., Rapid City, S.D. The Admissions office is just inside the front entrance to the left.
You can also schedule a video meeting with us at wdt.edu/remote-enrollment.
- Submit a completed application for admissions.
- Schedule to take the ACCUPLACER test. ACCUPLACER is a placement exam over math, English, and reading. There is a $15 testing fee. The ACCUPLACER test will be waived if you have an ACT sub-score of 18 or better in English, Math, and Reading, or
an SATsub-score of at least 440 in Writing and Math. The scores must be within the past five years.
- Schedule your Admissions Advising Session. Sessions can be completed on campus or by phone.
- Provide an official copy of a High School transcript or GED scores. If you graduated from an international high school, you must submit your transcript to Educational Credential Evaluators to determine U.S. equivalence. Additionally, an official transcript must be submitted if you have attended other post-secondary institutions or universities.
- Submit a certification from a licensed physical physician that you have received or are in the process of receiving the required two doses of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). (This is required for all on-campus students.)
- Once you receive your acceptance letter, schedule a time to register for classes.
Admissions and Financial Aid are two separate processes and each requires a different application!
To apply for Federal Financial Aid, the applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov. For more information please contact the Financial Aid office at 1-800-544-8765.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to helping you meet your educational goals.
- Any student that has not attended for one semester, including summer semester, is required to complete a new admissions application.
- Students that sit out for a spring or fall semester or longer will return under a new catalog and may be required to repeat courses or successfully complete new or revised skills or competency assessments. Before readmittance, the program may need to determine if a student is eligible to continue in technical courses. Program sequencing and cohort size may prevent enrollment in technical courses.
- If your name has changed you will need to complete a Change of Name form and include supporting documents.
ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT/CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act requires that the college’s Annual Security Report which includes crime statistics be made available to prospective employees and prospective students upon request. Western Dakota Tech’s Annual Security Report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported Clery crimes that occurred on campus and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus safety and security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault prevention and response, timely warnings, emergency response, and other matters. You may obtain this information through the Western Dakota Tech website at https://www.wdt.edu/assets/docs/uploads/consumer-information/securityreport.pdf. A printed copy of the report may be obtained by writing to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success, Western Dakota 800 Mickelson Dr., Rapid City, SD 57703 or by calling (605) 718-2931.