Western Dakota Tech is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). First accredited in 1983, Western Dakota Tech's next accreditation visit is September 18 to September 20, 2017. A team of peer reviewers from colleges around the country will assemble on the Western Dakota Tech campus during that time. Before their visit to campus, the public is invited to provide confidential comments to the peer reviewers.
As part of the reaffirmation of accreditation, Western Dakota Tech must provide assurances and evidence of meeting five criteria:
- Criterion 1. Mission: The institution's mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution's operations.
- Criterion 2. Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct: The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
- Criterion 3: Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support: The institution provides high-quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
- Criterion 4: Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement: The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
- Criterion 5: Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness: The institution's resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
Comments and feedback from the community are welcomed and add value to the accreditation process. Please visit the link below to submit your comments to the Higher Learning Commission.
- To view Western Dakota Tech's profile on the Directory of HLC Institutions, please visit the following
- To submit a third-party comment, please visit the following
webpage. Comments must be submitted byJune 9, 2017. https://www.hlcommission.org/HLC-Institutions/third-party-comment.html