The Dental Assistant Apprenticeship Training Program at Western Dakota Tech in Rapid City held its 22nd annual graduation ceremony on May 14, 2013, for 10 graduates.
The 2013 graduates:
- Madison Coleman of Rapid City; Sponsor: BH Pediatric Dentistry
- Tahra Gonzales of Spearfish; Sponsor: Meyer Dana Dental
- Amy Harvey of Belle Fourche; Sponsor: Nehl Dental
- Courtni Jones of Rapid City; Sponsor: James Nelson, DDS
- Kara Kveene of Rapid City; Sponsor: Harold Doerr, DDS
- Amanda Rasmussen of Rapid City; Sponsor: Bart Samuelson , DDS
- Hillary Steen of Rapid City; Sponsor: BH Pediatric Dentistry
- Brandi Swanson of Custer; Sponsor: Destination Dentistry
- Mary Williams of Rapid City; Sponsor: Center for Dental Excellence
Dr. Harold Doerr, who has practiced Periodontics in Rapid City for 27 years, was the commencement speaker. Dr. Doerr is a fellow of the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists. He also has been awarded membership in the Pierre Fauchard Academy and the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration.
The next Dental Assistant program is scheduled for August 20, 2013 to May 13, 2014.
Western Dakota Tech is the only technical institute that serves the western South Dakota region. WDT offers more than 30 programs in a variety of fields, including Business and Computers, Construction Trades, Health Services, Legal and Public Services, Manufacturing and Mechanical Trades, and Science and Technology. More than 98 percent of WDT's most recent graduates are working, continuing their education, or serving in the military, and 90 percent remain in South Dakota.
WDT faculty, staff, and administration focus their efforts on helping students gain the skills and experiences they need to succeed. Through hands-on learning, internships, and industry partnerships, WDT students graduate ready to make real and immediate contributions to their employers and their communities.
For information about WDT, call (800) 544-8765 or (605) 718-2565 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit WDT on the web at www.wdt.edu.