Western Dakota Tech is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this week with several special events on campus. This will be a fun week of reflection, looking ahead to the future, and numerous festivities.
The public is invited to join us in recognizing this milestone on Friday, Sept. 14, at an Outdoor Bash (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.) and Concert (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.) on campus. Western Dakota Tech is located at 800 Mickelson Dr.
Monday, Sept. 10
- 11:45 a.m. - Burying of 50 Year Time Capsule, Outdoor Courtyard.
- Noon to 1 p.m. - Celebration Kickoff BBQ for students and staff, Event Center.
- Scavenger Hunt Begins. (Student activity.)
Tuesday, Sept. 11
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Pie-in-the-Face event, Outdoor Courtyard. Students, staff will donate a can of food or cash to pie the person of their choice; food and cash will go toward Hunger Action Month.
Wednesday, Sept. 12
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Students and staff Tie-Dye T-shirts, Outdoor Courtyard.
Thursday, Sept. 13
- Noon to 1 p.m. - 50th Picture - Students and staff form shape of number 50, Outdoor Courtyard.
Friday, Sept. 14
- Scavenger Hunt ends. (Student activity.)
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - 5oth Photo Booth - Throwback to 1968, Commons. Students and staff will stop in to have their photos taken with throwback props.
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - FREE 50th Outdoor Bash - Outdoor games, water balloons, inflatables for children, North parking lot. Public welcome.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. - FREE Brandon Jones Band Concert, North parking lot. Music, food trucks, beer garden. Public welcome.
About Western Dakota Tech
Western Dakota Tech was established in 1968 and is the only technical college that serves the western South Dakota region.
Western Dakota Tech offers programs in a variety of fields, including Business and Computers, Construction and Manufacturing, Energy and Environmental Technologies, Health Sciences, Legal and Public Services, and Transportation Technologies.
More than 96 percent of Western Dakota Tech's most recent graduates are working, continuing their education, or are enlisted in the military.
Western Dakota Tech faculty, staff, and administration focus their efforts on helping students gain the skills and experiences they need to succeed. Through hands-on learning, internships, and industry partnerships, Western Dakota Tech students graduate ready to make a real and immediate contribution to their employers and to their communities.
For information about Western Dakota Tech, call (800) 544-8765 or (605) 718-2565 or send an email to email@example.com. Visit us on the web at www.wdt.edu.