Western Dakota Technical College Learn. Do. Now.

Apply Now Schedule a Tour Visit Us Request Info Chat Online

Frequently Asked Questions

Admissions FAQ

Please refer to the Admissions FAQ Page.

Financial Aid FAQ

Financial Aid Office Number: 605-718-2988

What is Western Dakota Technical College’s school code? 010170

How do I apply for Financial Aid (FREE Application for Federal Student Aid – FAFSA)? Students apply for federal student aid (grants and loans) online at

Where would I find Western Dakota Technical College’s Financial Aid Forms? All institutional FA forms requested by the FA office are located on Western Dakota Technical College’s website at, under the financial aid link. Be sure to know the year in which the form is required and click on the appropriate year.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year? Yes, if you are a returning student you need to complete a FAFSA each year using prior-prior year taxes. 

How do I apply for scholarships? There are many opportunities for students to apply for scholarships. Visit the Scholarships page and Build Dakota Scholarship Fund page to learn more.

Must I provide parents information? You are a dependent student (must provide parent’s information) unless you can answer “yes” to one of the questions in Section 2 of the FAFSA

What is the deadline to apply for financial aid? You can apply for financial aid at any time. To receive financial aid funds, you need to have the FAFSA submitted, have all the requested paperwork completed, and have completed your MPN online at You must have completed all the Admissions requirements.

How can I be sure to remain eligible for financial aid for my entire program? Students must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress, which includes earning a minimum cumulative 2.0 gpa and successfully completing the at least 67% of their classes for which they received aid each semester. Students have a maximum time frame of 150 percent of Western Dakota Tech’s published catalog course requirements to remain eligible for aid through the successful completion of their program.

Have my financial aid funds arrived? Financial Aid funds are sent directly to the Student Accounts office.

What FAFSA do I complete if I am starting the summer semester? Summer is always paid from the previous year’s FAFSA.

What is considered full-time for financial aid for summer semester? 12 credits

Can I get financial aid for part-time enrollment? Yes

Can I get financial aid if I am an Undecided or Dual enrollment student? No

When are Financial Aid staff available? Monday thru Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm

Student Accounts FAQ

What is the cost to attend Western Dakota Technical College? Please refer to the Cost Page.

When do I pay my tuition and fees? Tuition and fees are due by a specified date and students can contact the Student Accounts office for those dates.

Where do I pay for my tuition and fees? Students will need to make their payment to the Student Accounts Office, located in Enrollment Services in Dakota Hall. Students can stop by, call, or email at (605)718-2978 or .

How do I receive my Financial Aid? Western Dakota Technical College disburses Financial Aid by crediting the student’s account. Western Dakota Technical College will collect the amount due for tuition and fees and calculate the student’s credit balance. All students, receiving Federal Pell Grant funds, must attend the courses they are enrolled in before receiving a refund.  

How do I know when my Financial Aid will be disbursed? Students will receive a Direct Loan Anticipated Disbursement Notice via email indicating the date of their disbursement. 

What if I have Third Party Funding?  (VA, WIA, BIA, etc.) If a student expects to receive funding other than Financial Aid, they must verify with the Student Accounts Office that they have received a Third Party Funding Authorization. Any tuition and fees due on the student’s account will be paid as funds are received by the Student Accounts Office. For example, if a student has multiple funding sources such as third party funding, financial aid, or scholarships and the financial aid funds become available first, tuition and fees will be paid by the financial aid and any funds following until the account is paid in full. Once the student’s account is paid in full, any funds received that create a credit balance will be released to the student the Friday of the following week.

How do I purchase my books? Students can pay for books with personal funds, or if they have all of their financial aid and admissions documents in place, and have completed all required steps, the student may be eligible for the Textbook Assistance Program. The Textbook Assistance Program allows a student to charge their required textbooks at the Western Dakota Technical College Bookstore, and have those charges added to their Student Account. The student can simply have their financial aid applied to their charges when financial aid is disbursed. It is important to note that the student must have enough financial aid to cover all of these direct expenses in order to qualify. In order for students to verify if they qualify they can contact the Student Accounts Office one week before classes start.

Join the Conversation

Connect with Western Dakota Technical College

facebook logo instagram logo snapchat logo x logo youtube logo 

Website Powered By PageFramer, Development By Robert Sharp & Associates