Billing and Payment Options
Payment for tuition and fees are made through the Student Accounts Office.
View Your Billing Statement:
- Log in to my.wdt.edu and select the “Students” tab.
- Click on the Billing Information folder listed under Student Home on
leftside of screen.
- Select Course and Fee Statement at the top of the page under View Your Bill.
- Select Generate my Course and Fee Statement.
- Select View my Course and Fee Statement.
If you have difficulty logging in to your student portal, please contact the IT department at 605-394-5355. You may also request assistance at
Ways to Pay Your Bill
The Student Accounts Office is located in Enrollment Services to your right.
- Log in to my.wdt.edu and select the “Students” tab
- Click the Billing Information folder listed under Student Home Page on the left of
- Select My Account Balances at the top of the page under View Your Bill.
- Select Make a Payment.
- Follow prompts through the end of the payment process.
Mail (Make checks payable to Western Dakota Tech):
Western Dakota Tech
Telephone (Debit/Credit Card Only):
The Student Accounts Office offers the option of a payment plan to help offset
There is no additional cost to set up a payment plan. If you are interested in taking advantage of this option please contact the Student Accounts Office.
Third Party Funding
A Third Party Funding Agency is an outside agency/business that has agreed to pay a portion or all of a student's costs while attending Western Dakota Tech.
Examples of Third Party Funding Agency are VA Vocational Rehabilitation, any military funding, Vocational Rehabilitation, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and/or tribal funding.
It is the student's responsibility to provide their Third Party Funding Agency authorization to the Student Accounts Office prior to the beginning of each semester.
Western Dakota Tech Procedure Number: 6007.Procedure.001
A. The procedures for a refund are as follows:
- Students who withdraw completely from WDT will be eligible for refunds (excluding non-refundable fees) according to the following based on the last date of attendance (LDA) at WDT:
- Full (100%) refund of tuition and refundable fees for courses that are not past the Add Period for said course.
- Half (50%) refund of tuition and refundable fees for courses that are past the Add Period and up to 20% of the term for said course.
- No refund of tuition and refundable fees for courses that are past 20% of the term for said course.
- Students who do not withdraw completely from WDT will be eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and refundable fees for a course dropped before the end of the scheduled Drop Period. Students must complete and submit proper paperwork with authorized signatures to the Registrar’s Office no later than the close of business on the last day of the Drop Period to be eligible for a refund. Class schedule changes made after the Drop Period are not eligible for a refund.
- Students who withdraw completely from WDT are responsible for any outstanding charges on their account not paid by Title IV or other funding sources.
- Western Dakota Tech (WDT) will follow the U.S. Department of Education’s Return to Title IV Funds requirements as described in Section 668.22 and Section 668.164 of the Code of Federal Regulations and in applicable guidance such as DCL GEN-11-14 provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The professional judgment of the Vice President for Finance and Operations may be applied to a refund based on special circumstances.
Outstanding Payment Policy
Tuition and fees billed to the student’s account are due on or before the first day of classes for each academic session. Any student that has not fulfilled payment or made payment arrangements with the Student Accounts Office will be withdrawn from said academic sessions unless payment is received. Holds will be placed on any delinquent accounts, halting registration for courses,