International Students Admissions
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.75 at both the secondary (high school) and post-secondary (college) education levels.
- Applicants must be proficient in English; please review details about our English requirements.
- Transfer Students within the US may not have to provide this score. Contact the Admissions Office for more information.
International Students are eligible for WDTC scholarships.
For Fall scholarships, the application cycle is between January 1st and March 31st of every year. For Spring scholarships, the application cycle is between August 1st and October 15th of every year.
- Apply for Admissions: www.wdt.edu/apply
- ACCUPLACER test - scores must be college ready
- Academic credentials (translated into English). This includes high school transcripts and transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions attended.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS - Transcripts sent via email are NOT accepted as official.
- If you graduated from an international high school, you must submit your transcript to Educational Credential Evaluators to determine U.S. equivalence.
- For a transcript to be considered official, it must be sent directly from the issuing institution to WDTC.
- If you are attending an institution in the US and they have the official documents, they may send certified copies of these documents to us for review.
- All documents become the property of the Western Dakota Technical College.
- English Proficiency exempt country list.
Western Dakota Technical College is an Exceptional Return on Investment
Western Dakota Technical College offers an exceptional Return on Investment (ROI), with a placement rate of 99 percent.
[*Placement information is derived from graduate surveys, faculty-collected data, placement surveys started six months after graduation, and the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation. Overall placement rate is figured by: (responding graduates employed, continuing education, or in military service)/(responding graduates who are seeking employment). The number of program graduates are unduplicated by CIP code.]
Costs for International Students
Find out more about how affordable it is to study here on our Costs for International Students page.
English Proficiency Requirements
All international applicants must provide evidence of their proficiency with the English language, unless English is the native language of their home country.
Find out more about English proficiency requirements here.
The Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is your go-to source for any help you may need during your tenure at Western Dakota Technical College. It's also home to the Student Success Coaches. Seeking tutoring, support, academic tips, connecting with clubs and organizations, finding additional resources? Just stop in and ask the coaches.
Need Help? We're Here for You
If you have questions about, or need assistance with, the admissions process for international students, contact the Admissions Office. We are here to help.